22 June 2010

day 03



day 03 was excellent. i was able to trek over 90 miles, and it was my first time in a hotel. going a few days without a shower really makes one appreciate some warm water and soap to a whole other level. a special thanks goes out to gene, sara, and their two nieces. they were kind enough to share their food with me after my 67 mile ride on day 02 as i hurried to fix my first flat to go look for some food. it was especially thoughtful considering it was their last night traveling together and they were enjoying a special dinner. i hope i can return the favor sometime in the near future if they happen to wander into chicago.




got my second flat today. arg. but it let brock catch up to me and i had a biking companion for a few miles.

gene and sara were heading back to eugene, OR, the girls to wisconsin, and brock making some sort of loop through washington and back to portland (i think. i was really tired at that point and my brain was failing me.)

in the fourth pic, i was flying down a hill at over 30 mph, listening to some beetles' guitar loop. didn't pedal for about 2 miles. this after climbing for about an hour and a half.

why do people bike tour? not sure how to explain it quite yet. all i know for sure is that it makes sense to me.





1 comment:

  1. well u made it this far so don't quit now mr.v sincerely javaris

    ReplyDelete